The Polyvalent's low trail geometry is suitable for a front load bias, so that it holds a line well both loaded and unloaded.
This newest iteration of the Polyvalent takes disc brakes with increased tire clearances. Throw on 650b tires for general use or some knobby 26" tires for a gravel adventure.
Here are the specs:
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly steel
- Fork: 1" threaded
- Wheel Size: 650B or 26"
- Tire Clearance: 650B x 47mm, 26 x 2.3" (either with fenders)
- Rear Spacing: 135mm
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: IS mount disc, 160mm
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: 5
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Rear Dropouts: Vertical with stainless steel replaceable hanger
- Frame Eyelets: Double eyelets on rear dropouts for racks and fenders
- Internal eyelets on seat stays
- Fork Eyelets: Double eyelets on fork dropouts for racks and fenders
- Triple thru-bosses on the blades for lowrider racks
- Hourglass braze-on for Randonneur or Campeur Racks.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Ovalized top tube for lateral stiffness and easy shouldering